Thursday, April 4, 2019

In the Beginning

Well I guess you have to start somewhere so here we go. I am pretty new at blogging. You would think as a writer blogging would be a no-brainer but I just never thought of it until one of my writer friends suggested it. After I decided to try my hand at it, I began to wonder what I would say. What would I actually blog about? I decided that since I had several interests, that would be where I would start. Once I figured that out, well, I needed a title. Since I like to write romance novels, I wanted something that gave a *wink* *wink* *nod* *nod* that direction. Hence, Unexpected Passions was born.

So what are my passions exactly? I love writing. I am not really new at writing, I realized recently I have actually been writing since I was a kid. I can remember writing poems as a child. I wrote songs as a teen. As a young adult I wrote short stories, plays and skits. It wasn't until recently though that I took up writing romance novels and have had a ball letting my imagination spill out onto the page. From time to time I might share a little bit of my writing through my blog.

I am also passionate about health. Being that I am "at that age" where things start to go south, I have realized how important it is to exercise and eat healthy. I will be sharing some of the different information I find and tips on being healthy.

Music is another passion of mine. I have sung on many stages and worked in the music industry throughout my life. Music does something to me. I love when I get sucked into a song to the point where I can feel my emotions kick in. Music, to me, is not just notes on a page or a vibrato in a voice or even a heavy drum beat. Music is the perfect coming together or instruments, melody and lyrics to tell a story through song. I will be sharing different pieces I find that speak to my soul.

Other areas I might write about are travel, which I do from time to time. I haven't been far far away yet, maybe someday, but there are fascinating places in our own backyards so I hope to share some of those on here sometimes.

Also, I love to take photos.
Sometimes my photos are just great landscapes or pretty flowers or beautiful people. Just what strikes my fancy at the time.

My passions reach far and wide. You never know what might come across this page, but I am hoping that whatever it is, it brings joy into someone's life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You know what they say about ASSUMING

 It's been a hot minute since I wrote something in my blog. I've been off in my fictional la la land where I can escape the worries ...