Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Dare to Dream

     If you had all the money needed to live out your life's dream, what would you do? We all have our silly little daydreams. One of mine is traveling. I love to explore new places and have new adventures because it gives me ideas for the stories I write, which is another thing I would do if I had all the money I needed to live out my life's dream.

     But, there is one other dream I have. Being a budding writer, it stands to reason that I love to read. I love going into a bookstore and seeing the rows and rows of books. The idea of grabbing some coffee or a nice drink, and sitting down in a comfy chair with a good book, excites me.


      So, if I had all the money I needed to live out my life's dream, I would own a shop that had local author's books for sale along with other books that could be checked out for free.



It would have comfortable places to sit and of course a nice fireplace because who doesn't like to sit by a fire and read. It would also have a coffee bar and maybe sell some other fancy drinks and a few pastries.





                                    But I would also add one other element. I would add art.


Throughout my life I have met many people who have an amazing ability to capture life in art. And like most writers, they do it more as a hobby than making a living at it because, let's face it, it isn't easy to break into the industry. Most of the artwork I have seen is absolutely phenomenal and I can't imagine how these people aren't world renowned.






So, that being said, close your eyes. Well, don't close your eyes really because then you couldn't read what I'm writing, but picture this: You walk through the glass door to artwork scattered on the walls. Cushioned chairs and a few small tables sit by a roaring fireplace. On one wall is a large picture window with tables and chairs. A little farther into the shop there are bookshelves lining the walls and a bar serving coffee and drinks and pastries. Four friends are sitting at a table by the window drinking coffee and chatting. There is a guy sitting by the fireplace reading a book and eating a muffin. A woman stands in front of a painting of some horses telling her daughter, "I think I need this painting."

                 
                                                                   Can you see it?

1 comment:

  1. You are such a gifted writer. I see it....now do it . Build it they will come. Start now with a vision board. I would love to put up photo of nature maybe a painting 😉.....
    VISION BOARD

    ReplyDelete

You know what they say about ASSUMING

 It's been a hot minute since I wrote something in my blog. I've been off in my fictional la la land where I can escape the worries ...