Wednesday, November 6, 2019

Just Imagine

     Being a writer is fun. Letting what rolls around in your head, flow through your fingers onto paper, or onto the screen(in today's terms) is very satisfying. And, if you primarily write fiction, it's energizing because you can truly let your imagination run wild. It's even more satisfying and energizing when you actually have people read it.

                                       Let me take you on a walk inside my head.

     On any given day, I could be sitting in a restaurant or walking into the grocery store and my eyes lock onto something around me. A mom walking with her child or a group of women sitting down to eat lunch might spark an idea. I take in the sight and create a scenario. The mom, with her child, is on a trip and she forgot to pack his toothbrush so they head to the store where they accidentally bump into a man who changes the course of their trip and their lives. Or, some girls meet up with a friend who's boyfriend dumped her and they are consoling her when one of them gets the bright idea for a girls trip. What started out as a no plans trip turns into crazy adventure that will be a trip of a lifetime.
   
This is where I live, all day every day. That's why I love visiting new places, because my imagination is heightened. Everything is new. Every face, every place, brings new stories. The sounds and smells are even spark new ideas.

     On a recent trip through the Carolinas and Florida we stopped at Amelia Island.
     This beautiful little Island is chocked full of white sandy beaches, civil war history,







a real lighthouse
and great food which just screams to a fiction writer, "Write about me."







But the one thing that took hold of my heart like a vise was a Bed and Breakfast that was straight out of a romance novel.








Elizabeth Pointe. The name itself just conjured up all kinds of stories for me but when we pulled up for our stay, I immediately fell in love.
 The place was breathtaking, something out of a movie. We climbed the stairs to the second floor to enter into the main house.






When we opened the door my heart stopped. The living area was warm and inviting. I could picture people sitting on the sofas, or eating at the little breakfast nook.







 Stories filled my head and I immediately thought, this place will be in one of my books.
I explored the surroundings and pushed open the balcony door to take in the spectacular view.
Oh what stories I could tell. I could see it written 'hearing the waves crash as they watched the sunrise' or 'finding treasures as they walked along the beach'
or 'staring through the palms watching the the last bit of  sunset.'

Yes this place would definitely be the perfect setting for one of my stories. So stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You know what they say about ASSUMING

 It's been a hot minute since I wrote something in my blog. I've been off in my fictional la la land where I can escape the worries ...