Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Baby it's Cold Outside

     As I sit here in my warm, comfy house, I look out my window to see a dusting of snow on the ground and I giggle. I LOVE snow. Some people think I'm absolutely batty but I don't care. I LOVE snow. I can't say winter is my favorite season because I love the colors of fall and the flowers of spring but there is a lot to say about the beauty of winter.

     Now, I live in an area where we don't get that much snow. Temperatures don't drop below freezing all that often so I can't say I'm familiar with what people up north have to deal with being buried weeks on end with the white powder. I guess I could say I have an appreciation for it. Being raised in central Texas, snow was seldom seen so I think I could count on one finger how often I built a snowman growing up.

     But there is something about snow, about the look of it floating to the ground and the feel of it when you are making a snowball or a snowman that just makes my heart flutter. I get all giddy when I see the snowflakes drifting to the ground. The best thing is when they land on a window and you can see the actual flakes and their intricate design.






Have you ever stopped and actually looked at a snowflake? It's mind boggling how detailed they are.
   








     I know people complain about the cold or the treacherous road conditions or being cooped up in their house until things thaw but for me, it's magical. I could sit and watch the snow fall for days.





     What's not to love about being snuggled in a blanket by a warm fire, drinking a delicious cup of hot cocoa complete with marshmallows watching the snowflakes fall from the sky?

   

     But, being out in it can be just as fun. Walking through the snow, feeling it crunch under your feet and feeling the icy prickles on your face is invigorating. There is nothing like taking a walk after a snowfall and just staring at the beauty.
 
   

With one bout of magical weather, the whole landscape has transformed. Branches are covered with snow.
Everything is painted in a soft blanket of white. The air is crisp and clean or may be filled with the smell of fresh burned wood. 
It looks like glitter has been spilled over the landscape and somehow it feels like it has taken away all the muck and dirtiness and made it clean. Even if it's just for a while,
Sometimes taking a good long look at the beauty that surrounds us, is all you need to put a smile on your face.


No comments:

Post a Comment

You know what they say about ASSUMING

 It's been a hot minute since I wrote something in my blog. I've been off in my fictional la la land where I can escape the worries ...